I was reflecting the other day on all I have learned from my children as a special needs father over the years.
My Autistic children have taught me:
1) True, complete unconditional love exists.
2) How to be patient in the most challenging and frustrating of situations.
3) To ALWAYS keep trying and NEVER give up.
4) I should ALWAYS appreciate the “little” things.
5) NEVER take ANYTHING for granted.
6) To be a better person and more “in tune” with my surroundings.
7) How truly meaningful a hug or kiss can be.
8 ) How to overcome seemingly, insurmountable odds.
9) ALWAYS stand up for what is right, even if I’m the only one.
10) NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER.