One of the things I will be doing with my life going forward is spending as much time in nature as I possibly can. I have been spending a great deal of time hiking and it’s easily among my most favorite things to do. I have my favorite places to go hiking and my favorite person to go hiking with.
One of the things I really want to do is start visiting all the National Parks. I want to spend the night and explore each and every one of them. We’ve spent a great deal of time at Cuyahoga Valley National Park this year and there’s still so much left for us to explore.
Next year I will be going on my first ever hiking trip and I’m so excited.
I’ve been slowly collecting the gear we will need to go on this out of State adventure and one of these pieces of gear arrived the other day.
This trip will be a mostly tech free experience and so I’m focusing on more of the basic things that we need to be safe. The other day the first pieces of gear arrived and it’s exciting to begin putting all these things together.
If you’ve ever spent any time camping or hiking, you probably know that it’s important to have good lighting for night time. I don’t think we’re going to necessarily be hiking in the dark but we need to be able to navigate safely after dark. One of the best ways to do that is with a good headlamp.
Headlamps are great because they provide good lighting while leaving your hands free. My friends at Vont sent out these headlamps and I really like them. They’re super simple, well built, and seemingly durable. They came in a pack of four and included batteries. Here’s a little bit about them:
- Ultra bright & long lasting: Featuring super bright Proprietary VLEDS that can vividly light up your immediate vicinity, even in total darkness. Unbeatable battery life of up to 90 hours (2X of our competitors’). Easily light up an entire tent, road or even a mountain. (Batteries are included for your convenience)
- Easy 7 light mode toggle: Easy, quick and single button press to toggle through 7 light modes. Low/Medium/High/Strobe (Main Light) and Low/SOS/Strobe (Side Lights). Efficiently use only the light you need.
- Ergonomic 45° tilt: Never strain or crane your neck again, thanks to the ergonomically designed light throw at a 45° angle. Competitor headlamps throw light at an awkward 30°, causing certain neck strain. By far, the comfiest camping gear ever.
- Waterproof, drop-resistant & portable: Never worry about being out in the rain or dropping your headlamp. IPX5 Waterproof rated and vigorously tested to be indestructible in extreme conditions. Easily fits in your pocket too.
- Lifetime warranty: Use your headlamp and its accessories without having to worry about it to break or stop working because we have you covered.
I love this headlamo. It’s very comfortable, incredibly easy to operate, and I think they will be a great piece of equipment to add to my hiking/camping gear. Mine came in a pack of four and was less than $30. I’m so excited for this trip and I’ll periodically update you on things as I piece together the rest if the equipment we need for this trip. ☺
Visit Vont for more information or to check out any of their other amazing products. http://vont.com