The Autism Village
- What it is: An app that identifies places that are staffed by understanding and helpful people – places where people with autism can feel safe and have fun. With the app, you can quickly find nearby places rated and reviewed by others in the autism community
- It’s like Yelp or Trip Advisor for the autism community
- Inspiration: The app was created by an autism dad, Topher Wurts. He was inspired by his 13-year-old son Kirby, who has been living with a classic autism diagnosis since he was 18 months old
- With greater strength in numbers, we’ll better be able to convince businesses that the autism community is an audience that matters.
- Our Call to Action: Be a part of the movement – download the app and ask your friends and family to download it, too!
5 Ways to Help Create an Autism-Friendly community
- Email the app download links to family and friends
- Share the app download links on Facebook
- Encourage owners of your much loved businesses to sign up for the Village
- Write a review explaining why your favorite Autism Friendly business keeps you coming back
- Rate the app on the App Store or Google Play