> How do you cope with all the special needs parenting stress?

Administrator Array The Autism Dad's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

How do you cope with all the special needs parenting stress?

How do you manage to cope with lots the stress that goes along with being a special needs parent? What do you do to simply make it through the day?

Posted from the My Autism Help app

Post Thanks / Like
    Some days are better than others. :) That being said stress here is always constant. I think what we try and do most..is laugh...sounds simple but its sometimes hard. I tend to take things so seriously and stress over every little aspect and be the constant detective. I have to back off and just enjoy my kids and laigh at their corney jokes..silly behavior...that being said..yesterday was a bad day..i quite working as my kids need me at home to facilitate the chaos. Yesterday thr kids were great..bit we were dealing with massive money stress and a paycheck that wasnt nearly enough to cover needs let alone wants. Yesterday..i found myself making brownies..thst was my stress buster...lol. for us its the little things..esoecially of they kick the seratonin up. :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using My Autism Help Forums mobile app

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    Some days are better than others. :) That being said stress here is always constant. I think what we try and do most..is laugh...sounds simple but its sometimes hard. I tend to take things so seriously and stress over every little aspect and be the constant detective. I have to back off and just enjoy my kids and laigh at their corney jokes..silly behavior...that being said..yesterday was a bad day..i quite working as my kids need me at home to facilitate the chaos. Yesterday thr kids were great..bit we were dealing with massive money stress and a paycheck that wasnt nearly enough to cover needs let alone wants. Yesterday..i found myself making brownies..thst was my stress buster...lol. for us its the little things..esoecially of they kick the seratonin up. :)

I totally get it. It's the same thing here. I tend to try and write everything g done on my blog. That sorta helps me Sur I've long enough to make to the light at the end of the tunnel. :-)

Junior Member Array
    Post Thanks / Like
    i tend to pull all my kids together and make cholocate candy with them or take a day out of the house or end to call and talk to a friend just little little things like that

Junior Member Array
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of mine is "moderately severe" (!) but not aggressive. The other has mild symptoms. I find that they love it when we turn up the music,lower the lights and jump and dance and laugh. They are usually happy and while most days are good they are just extremely busy.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Junior Member Array
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post

I think the financial aspect is one of the most depressing parts. The autism we have learned to enjoy but the financial burden associated with it really pisses me off.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoofi View Post
    I think the financial aspect is one of the most depressing parts. The autism we have learned to enjoy but the financial burden associated with it really pisses me off.

Sent using Tapatalk 2
    I can so totally relate.

I'm Rob Gorski and these are my forums. Please let me know if you need anything. I'm here to help..

Posted by the ever so awesome My Autism Help app

Junior Member Array
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have good and bad days with our children. They love their new trampoline we bought them. So we go outside every so often to jump on it. We play duck duck goose , and other games. We bounce around when we play the game. We make sure that we do not bounce to high. They love it and to watch them laugh and play nice together makes me smile.
    ~Dragonfly97~