Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Junior Member Array
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have experienced a lot of regression over the years, usually it's temporary but not always.

Our youngest has a seizure disorder that causes a lot of the problems as well, especially when combined with severe autism.

I know from my other boys that it's very common for one skill to get better while others still areas regress over time ... when it happened this way they will generally always gain the skills back.
    Sometimes, it just takes a lot longer for them to do that. It's frustrating and scary and sometimes overwhelming. {{Hugs}}

Posted from the My Autism Help app

Administrator Array The Autism Dad's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Katmoody View Post
    We have experienced a lot of regression over the years, usually it's temporary but not always.

Our youngest has a seizure disorder that causes a lot of the problems as well, especially when combined with severe autism.

I know from my other boys that it's very common for one skill to get better while others still areas regress over time ... when it happened this way they will generally always gain the skills back.
    Sometimes, it just takes a lot longer for them to do that. It's frustrating and scary and sometimes overwhelming. {{Hugs}}

Thanks for sharing. We all can learn a great deal from each other's experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Test post for uploading images. 1367174139839.jpg

Junior Member Array G1rlVeteran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My son turned 3 in January 2014 and we are quite certain he is autistic. We are pretty new to this journey and don't know all of the precise degrees or other jargon but through our nearly obsessive pouring over all of the information online, we have come to the place now where the next step must be taken. We just someone know what it is

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by G1rlVeteran View Post
    My son turned 3 in January 2014 and we are quite certain he is autistic. We are pretty new to this journey and don't know all of the precise degrees or other jargon but through our nearly obsessive pouring over all of the information online, we have come to the place now where the next step must be taken. We just someone know what it is

If your son has not yet been evaluated, seek out a developmental neurologist or developmental pediatrician. That's a really good place to start. Most Children's Hospitals have Autism clinics and those are great resources as well.

I'm Rob Gorski and these are my forums. Please let me know if you need anything. I'm here to help..

Posted by the ever so awesome My Autism Help app

Junior Member Array G1rlVeteran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thx, that helps alot

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

7. Thanks The Autism Dad thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by G1rlVeteran View Post
    Thx, that helps alot

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

We're here to help. :-) I also wanted to say Thank you for your service.... :-)

I'm Rob Gorski and these are my forums. Please let me know if you need anything. I'm here to help..

Posted by the ever so awesome My Autism Help app

Junior Member Array
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone. My name is Megan and My son Trey who is 2 and 1/2 was just diagnosed yesterday with autism. We will not know the full extent of it until all his test come back. I was advised that it can take up to six weeks for the blood work. My sons doctor said he was scared and worried for my child due to his regression. As a mom that scares me and really scares me when the doctor is scared. I really don't know what im scared for though. My mind has been a complete whirl wind since. What are some good first steps to help me get prepared and learn as much as possible.

10. Thanks The Autism Dad thanked for this post
    Likes The Autism Dad liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by megs1686 View Post
    Hello everyone. My name is Megan and My son Trey who is 2 and 1/2 was just diagnosed yesterday with autism. We will not know the full extent of it until all his test come back. I was advised that it can take up to six weeks for the blood work. My sons doctor said he was scared and worried for my child due to his regression. As a mom that scares me and really scares me when the doctor is scared. I really don't know what im scared for though. My mind has been a complete whirl wind since. What are some good first steps to help me get prepared and learn as much as possible.
    Thanks for joining. Not many people have experienced the regression but I'm one of them..

I'm assuming the blood work is genetic testing.. That can take a long time.

Can you tell me about your son? What's he like? What are your concerns?

If you want, feel free to private message me and we can talk via email.

As hard as it is, keep your chin up and let us know if there's anything we can do to help...

Sent from my SM-N920T using My Autism Help Forums mobile app

Junior Member Array
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where do I even start? I could write a book on how wonderful he is. He was born right on time, a healthy amazing little boy. He has always had dad and myself in the house with him and older brother. I kid you not he said the word crab five times in a row after I said it when he was 5 weeks old. He was rolling over by 4 months, sitting up at 5, crawling at 7 and soon after he was running around. By 6 months he was always calling dada and then daddy, he had a list of about 15 words he would say daily at age one. He has never spoke a full sentence. He was day time potty trained by the age one. He is now back in diapers at all times. By his second birthday I noticed some changes in him, as well as the day care he has been in since he was 6months old. He stopped eating alot of different foods and most of his favorites. He will only eat doritos, hot dogs and peaches now. Thats it.* He will not eat in a public setting, his speech has gone down to only saying two words, mama and go go go. He does not like affection towrds him. But he loves to push me and my husband together and watch us hug and kiss. Every now and then he will put his forehead to our lips but it has to be on his terms. He has the need to have every door closed at all times. Trey used to love music so much. Now it seems as though he's scared of it most times. He will put his hands over his ears and shake his whole body. We went to the children's hospital of the kings daughters what we believed would be a "oh he just needs good speech thearpy" appointment. But once we talked to the doctors and they said they were scared for my child. I really couldn't belive it. Its so hard for me to process. Autism did cross my mind once. But I just brushed it off as him just being two and had a developmental delay. But now I have some answers. Not all I need but I know semi of a path I need to get on. Ive ordered so many books these last few days, researched so much and it is a little overwhelming. Okay that was a understatement.. It's very overwhelming.