Knowing is Awareness

Since I started this blog I have wanted to really be able to help others going through what we are going through. There are so many families out there that are “Lost and Tired” just like us. There are also families out there that are just now beginning the journey into autism and have no idea what to do. It’s overwhelming and honestly quite terrifying.

I want to be able to reach out to these families and let them know they aren’t alone. I remember what it was like when I first heard the words “Gavin is autistic”. I felt my whole world come crashing down. That was five years ago. Now we are going through that again with EJ.

Along the way we have learned a tremendous amount. We have educated ourselves and become experts on our children’s conditions. It has become second nature to us. Yet we still find ourselves quite frequently without a clue as to what to do.

I share our story because I hope our experience, mistakes, setbacks and victories can offer something someone who may really need it. Even if all you walk from our story with is the knowledge that you aren’t alone then that’s something. It’s so important that you know that you aren’t alone.

I hope that our story can open the eyes of those who haven’t been touched by autism. People need to know what autism really is and how it effects everyone in the family. The more people that know the better off we all are.

As always thanks for sharing our story and being a part of our journey.

Knowing is Awareness.

LT

Rob Gorski

Full time, work from home single Dad to my 3 amazing boys. Oh...and creator fo this blog. :-)
0 0 votes
Article Rating