Thread: Assessing spd??

Junior Member Array
    Post Thanks / Like

Assessing spd??

My daughter has been refered to the OT for spd assessment. How does this work? Her sensory issues revolve around clothing, lighting and noise. Feel very lost in this

Posted from the My Autism Help app

Administrator Array The Autism Dad's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lyn View Post
    My daughter has been refered to the OT for spd assessment. How does this work? Her sensory issues revolve around clothing, lighting and noise. Feel very lost in this

Hello Lyn. We actually have a really good OT that is part of this forum. Perhaps she can pop her head in and share her thoughts.

I will share my experience with 3 boys having Autism. OT is absolutely AMAZING. The assessment will be pretty straight forward and it's designed to help identify her needs. My youngest is the same way with clothes and OT has really helped. I'm not sure what the process will be for you because it may vary from country to country. However, OT is nothing to fear. Most kids will love OT because they get the sensory input they are trying to get else.

Do you have any specific questions?????

Junior Member Array
    Post Thanks / Like
    My head is a bundle of confusion at the moment. I'm new to ASD and associated disorders. Any questions I have are jumbled up

Administrator Array The Autism Dad's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lyn View Post
    My head is a bundle of confusion at the moment. I'm new to ASD and associated disorders. Any questions I have are jumbled up

Take a deep breath. It's going to be okay and you aren't alone. I'm not sure if you read my blog but heres a list of posts I've written about my kids and OT.

https://www.google.com/search?q=OT&s...%2F&gws_rd=ssl

There should be pictures and a description of what's going on. My kids LOVE OT. When you have any questions, please ask away and someone will try and help you out. :-)

Rob