About Rob Gorski
Welcome to The Autism Dad
Hello, and thank you for visiting “The Autism Dad” blog and podcast. My name is Rob Gorski, and I’m based in Northeast Ohio. My mission is multi-faceted: I aim to educate, validate, and offer invaluable support to parents raising children with autism and other disabilities.
Meet My Family
I’m a proud father to three incredible sons—Elliott, Emmett, and Gavin—all of whom are on the autism spectrum but are as different as night and day.
- Gavin: Gavin, my oldest, deals with both autism and complex health issues. Despite these hurdles, he remains the most resilient and cheerful member of our family.
- Elliott: Elliott is in the middle, and is my creative genius. He deals with anxiety but finds his solace in art, photography, writing, gaming, and music.
- Emmett: Emmett, my youngest is intellectually gifted and incredibly empathetic. While he faces challenges in the sensory department, and ADHD, his ability to understand complex issues is truly remarkable.
By sharing our family’s story, I offer a window into the multifaceted world of autism, from the triumphs to the challenges, providing real-life perspectives you can relate to.
Why “The Autism Dad”?
Initially, this platform was a way to share my personal journey and experiences as an autism dad. It has since evolved into a global platform featuring articles, podcasts, interviews, and practical advice for parents like you.
I’ve been humbled by acknowledgments from CNN, ABC News, BBC Worldwide, and appearances on the Tamron Hall Show. I’ve also received numerous awards for being one of the best autism-related blogs. But the heart and soul of this mission is community—your stories, your comments, and your involvement.
What to Expect Here
- Educational Resources: Guides, podcasts, and expert interviews to provide you both practical advice and emotional support.
- Parenting Strategies: Tips for tackling everyday challenges, from managing IEPs to navigating sibling dynamics.
- Community Engagement: A forum to connect, ask questions, and share experiences with other parents who understand your journey.
- Family Narratives: Personal insights from myself, Elliott, Emmett, and Gavin to help demystify day-to-day life with autism.
Let’s Walk This Path Together
You’re not alone in this journey. “The Autism Dad” aims to be a friend, advocate, and resource for you. Together, let’s make an impact on the global autism community, one story at a time.
Thank you for being part of this incredible community. I welcome your engagement and look forward to growing together.