It’s been a few days since I really updated anything. So here it goes. Gavin is recovered from his spinal tap. No problems as of today. They can happen at any point within the first 5-7 days we were told by the doctor. That said, Gavin is basically completely psychotic. He has lost touch with reality and movements have also gotten worse. Behaviorally he is doing ok. He is hurting himself and currently has a big scratch on his forehead and a bruise on his cheek from hitting and scratching himself when he gets angry. We have not heard back from Dr. R about anti-psychotics. So until we do it’s a waiting game. A very long and exhausting waiting game.
Lizze came home on Sunday night. We realized that she was having a reaction to the new meds given by the new psychiatrist. If you recall we were concerned about the meds she was prescribing and were hesitant to begin taking them…. She has been feeling MUCH better since they were discontinued and we are now getting a new psychiatrist. If you recall, Lizze is scheduled for a partial hysterectomy this Friday. There have been a few snags. Insurance is refusing to pay for the surgery. We have had 3 different Doctors opinions and everyone says this is her ONLY option. I told Lizze we would just pay out of pocket for the surgery. The hospital will work with us on payments. The problem lies with the doctor’s office. They require 50% down in order to set up payments. I’m not sure of the cost of the surgery but I can say with complete certainty that we don’t have whatever that amount is. I am currently on hold with the office manager at Dr. D’s office in order to try to figure something out. They are really fighting the insurance company for her. At this point it doesn’t look good. According to google the average cost of the surgery is between $3000 and $6000 including the hospital and surgeon fee’s. When I find out exactly what Dr. D’s charges are I will have a much better idea of what I can do. The other snag is that now they have found cysts on her ovaries. I know that’s relatively common but they made it sound like it may need to turn into a total hysterectomy. That has us worried.
Please say a prayer that everything get’s figured out and we can put an end to the pain and discomfort this has been causing her for the past few years.
_lost and tired