For the love of God, PLEASE stop talking

At the risk of sounding like a complete asshole, I’m going to admit that Gavin is driving me completely insane.

Since the moment he woke up this morning, Gavin’s been talking to me nonstop.

I realize that everything is a matter of perspective and that some of you would give anything to hear a single word come out of your little one.  I’ve been there as well.  I remember what it felt like when Emmett wasn’t speaking and had no language.  I would have given anything to hear him say Daddy.

Here’s the deal.  Everyone’s experience with Autism and parenting is the same.

It’s not about being ungrateful that my kids talk, it’s about being human and only being able to take so much, regardless of the problem.

I’m my case, Gavin is slowly but surely eroding away what sanity I’ve been able to maintain. I’m running on emergency reserves and I can see the bottom of the tank.

For the last eight hours, Gavin has been asking me question after question, in between sharing every single thought he has…….every single one. It’s exhausting, overwhelming and he has no off switch or volume button.

I think I’m going crazy……..  O_o

This site is managed almost exclusively via WordPress for Android. Please forgive any typos as autocorrect HATES me. 😉

Visit the My Autism Help Forums

To reach me via email, please Contact Me

Read This  When your kid is talking about "master bait" and their teacher hears something else entirely

• erinsgems says:

My little man does it too…he is a bit of a busy bodya/not it all and most of it is completely made up but he swears up and down its true and gets angry if we don’t believe him…the only time he is quiet is when his eyeballs are behind his lids and even then he can occasionally talk up a storm…yeesh…

• Cate Sforza says:

It means you’re human. My son is high-functioning and occasionally has this type of issue, but more often than not it is my non-autistic daughter who will do this to me until I beg for 30 seconds of silence. {hugs}

• Cate Sforza says:

• Kris Rollins says:

I hear you.

• Kris Rollins says:

I hear you.

• HandbookMomma says:

You’re not going crazy – we all go through that . Baby Girl and Monkey are always talking  abut anything and everything and sometimes I look at them and just want to scream!!! But that is parenting – just like with the “why?” questions – oh those are horrid!!!

• Lisa Higdon says:

William started talking early and has never, EVER stopped. Today’s new phrase is “bottom cover”, which he heard on Chuggington…may the gods of autism smile upon my minibreakdown.

• Lisa Higdon says: