Where to draw the line?

12 Comments on Where to draw the line?

Where to draw the line? That’s a question I can’t seem to find the answer to. A few minutes ago,  we caught Bella,  the 8 month old Boxer puppy, licking what I would consider part of Gavin’s crotch.

Gavin claims he didn’t realize she was doing that.  However,  when I said she was licking way too close to his privates,  he said she was licking the inside of his upper leg.

So which is it? Did he not realize she was licking him or not?

I don’t know if this is him testing the limits or if this was truly innocent in nature and he just wasn’t paying attention.

Unfortunately, we have to assume that there was motive behind allowing this to continue.  We have to run a very tight ship when it comes to these things.

That said, where do you draw the line? What battles aWhat.re worth picking and which ones aren’t?

This was posted via WordPress for Android, courtesy of Samsung’s Galaxy S III. Please forgive any typos. I do know how to spell but auto-correct hate me.

Please join our Autism Help Forums

Look for “Autism Help” app at the Google Play Store

Read This  Guy Time at Quail Hollow with my #Autistic kids

• rmagliozzi says:

I think with Gavin's history of misbehavior you should take it quite seriously. I would definately review a social story about this type of thing regularly with him.

• Karrie says:

You may find a social story that will work, here: http://www.aspergerssocialstories.com

• Chloe123 says:

Unfortunately I can't find the story. Sorry.:(

• kat13 says:

Tell him that he needs to pay more attention because she just might bite him there 😉

• DeeBrake says:

i cant guess where to draw the line as what is fine in YOUR house. but i think that protecting innocent young people is MOST important. we are teaching our 6 year old "typical" child that tickle games that touch your privates are meant for PRIVATE time and that means for you and you alone like in your bedroom and NEVER to be shared with friends or adults. PERHAPS giving the option to be curious in his own private way will help. you cant stop them from exploring but you can try and prevent someone else from getting hurt in it.

• DKS3 says:

Question: what sort of bottoms is he wearing? If Gavin is wearing pants I think. You are looking way too into this. I understand your concerns but I think there are things happening that you may see as sexual that Gavin may not be looking at sexually. Adults have a way of doing that. I know o uhad issues in the past but you can't assume everything is sexual in nature. A Gavins age I wouldn't even think that like that…..being that he is younger mentally how could he equate crotches and dog licking into the same thought?

• lostandtired says:

@DKS3 that's not exactly true. Gavin doesn't understand that any of the things he's done are sexual in nature. All he knows is it feels good.

Perhaps I'm looking way to into this but it's become a pattern of behavior. It's not like this was an isolated incident. This is an on going problem.

That said, my question was, where to draw the line. We can't possibly address every single thing.