This week begins our return to the Cleveland Clinic. Lizze has moved all her specialized care from Canton to Cleveland. This was done because she was receiving inadequate care locally.
We will begin a sting of about half a dozen appointments in the morning with a return to the Cleveland Clinic’s Headache Clinic.
We are still waiting for insurance approval in order her to get into the Chronic Pain Rehabilitation Program. Currently, she’s on the waiting list and we don’t expect her to gain entrance for at least another month, even if it’s approved by insurance.
Tomorrow’s appointment will be a medication check and removal.
She needs to be off all her preventatives because they are what is likely causing the migraine cycle. We need to know now to safely do that. Hopefully, this will be accomplished during this trip to Cleveland.
The preventatives aren’t working anyways and they are not safe in the particular combination she’s currently on..
I’m hoping that this will be a productive trip because we have quite a few to make and these aren’t cheap. The logistics aren’t easy either because we need to find sitters for the boys and address any scheduling conflicts.
This is the most important appointment we have this week, so if we can only make one, this will be it.