Lizze and I made a decision this morning and I’m not sure if it was an act of mercy or self-preservation.
The boys went on a field trip this morning to an indoor waterpark type place. Originally, it was going to just be Elliott and Emmett because Gavin had been having way too many behavioral problems and quite frankly, we didn’t trust him to go.
He also has his his IVIG Infusion this morning as well.
Lizze and I decided to allow Gavin to go at the last minute today. I’m not really sure why we changed our minds.
I mean, his behaviors hadn’t changed, at least not in a good way. However, this is his last field trip of the year and it sorta felt wrong to keep him from just being a kid.
At the same time however, I think it had more to do with self-preservation.
I can’t even begin to explain what it’s like to live with someone like Gavin. Lizze is at or beyond her breaking point and I’m not too far behind.
Even though not allowing him to go was a consequence for him having lied to us about his medical symptoms last week, we decided that allowing him to go would serve the greater good and I can love with that…..
This site is managed almost exclusively from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Please forgive any typos as auto-correct HATES me. 😉
Update: If you like this post, check out these as well. Click —–> Here <—– for my Top Posts.
Visit the My Autism Help Forums
To reach me via email, please Contact Me