The explanation we received is that the surgery was over $12,000.00 and they didn’t want us to incur the cost if they could convince the insurance company to cover it. It would otherwise cost us almost $700/month.
Dr.D’s office manager said she told Lizze it was canceled but we didn’t understand. We were told it was up to the hospital. At that point the hospital said it was still on and only canceled it after we spoke with them. We were never notified by the hospital that it was canceled. Either way it sucks and will have a HUGE negative impact on our family. I wish money wasn’t a deciding factor for things like this. I understand but damn it sucks….. I wish my hands weren’t always tied and I could do better by my family….