Just kill me now

23 Comments on Just kill me now

Today has gone down hill rapidly.  I spent the afternoon dealing with some issues with my company.  After 10+ years in business,  I think we are going to have to shut it down. The thought of that makes me sick.

Emmett has been screaming for the last 30l minutes.  We’re in the waiting room at Dr. Patti’s and Emmett is still screaming because he couldn’t find his ball before we had to leave..

Lizze and I have been taking turns with him outside so as not to disturb everyone else in the building.

My head is pounding and I’m pretty much overwhelmed and drowning in stress.

It’s going to be a $5 pizza tonight because I just don’t have the energy to cook after today.

Do you ever have one of those days where you’re like, just kill me now?

This was posted via WordPress for Android, courtesy of Samsung’s Galaxy S III. Please forgive any typos. I do know how to spell but auto-correct hate me.

Please join our Autism Help Forums

Look for “Autism Help” app at the Google Play Store

Read This  We figured out what's wrong with the van

• Kats_Cafe says:

@cindybalevrern Thanks … so true! Parents have to combat the stress while their kids try to combat the stress of it all 2 @reality_autism

• rmagliozzi says:

yes, we get those here all the time. Lately my boys have been fighting like cats and dogs and the oldest is Mr. super sensitive since the beginning of summer. Everything bothers him including himself. Then the youngest has been screaming like an angry old man demanding to get everything exactly his way, because his OCD is kicking up (a PANDAS thing). I really need a mute button for both of them some days.

• Carlyoung says:

no comment.  I feel like this right now.  how do you deal with it?

• kat13 says:

@Carlyoung Sorry to hear it 🙁

There is usually no way to fix all of the problems at same time, so my personal approach is to take one small step at the time. If it gets too much to keep it all in my head, I literally create a list, and prioritize, but deal with them one at the time.

• Carlyoung says:

@kat13 I put our youngest son in a safe bed for four days.  not for his safety, but for the safety of the rest of the family.  We are still working on a placement in a residential psychiatric care facility.

• kat13 says:

Hang in there! And look at it as an opportunity to do something different and/or something you like! May be you stayed too stale with your business, so may it is your wake up call to make some changes that you and your family seem to be needing (neighborhood wise).

And Emmett just being himself, just happened not at the best time when you less likely need any more work that needed.

And, yes, unfortunately, it happens to all of us from time to time. When it happens, the old Russian saying always comes to my mind – misfortunes never come alone. But like the rain, it all will pass!

• dudgeoh says:

Between our demanding, angry, somewhat defiant Aspie (DS1) and our hyper, excitable neurotypical (DS2) very, very few days don't have moments like that…

• Jodi p says:

What is the business you need to shut down.

• lostandtired says:

@Jodi p I'm a general contractor for NVR Ryan Homes. We do punch out work for them. We fix what everyone else doesn't do right. My brother works for me as I can't anymore. The housing market sucks and there aren't a ton of new houses being built…

• Chloe123 says:

Has your night gotten any better/less stressful? Gotta love pizza!

• dotdash says:

It sounds incredibly stressful.  Hang in there.  Nothing wrong with $5 pizza on a bad night.  Or two.

• MicheleChaney says:

Hoping that you manage to keep  the company afloat and get a little peace and quiet tonight to gather your thoughts.

• proffy_mommy says:

Yep — about once a week, it seems (if it's not one kid, it's all of them usually, right?). Hang in there. You'll make it through.

• KathyKohlBuehler says:

Yep, yesterday, just a frustrating day from morning til night! Today is going beautifully, so far.  Fingers crossed for a calm, calm night.  YOU CAN DO IT< Lost and Tired!! It's not a full moon, is it?

• Chloe123 says:

Trying to think of the positive here, at least it is in Dr. Patti's office, so that she can see it.