We just got home from Gavin‘s martial arts promotion. Gavin did really well and I will have pictures up when I can.
Right now, we have a problem. It looks like Gavin is in another autonomic crisis. After promotion we got spend some time with him in his classroom. He didn’t look good to me and I asked him to check his heart rate. He did and it was 50 bpm, standing up.
That would explain why he was so shaky and pale.
I had him sit down and take it again. This time his heart rate shot all the way back up to 138 bpm. That’s almost a 100 bpm difference.
That’s not good at all.
Your body is supposed to compensate when you transition between sitting and standing. There should be almost no difference or change in your heart rate or blood pressure.
Gavin‘s body is not compensating at all. Truth be told, I’m really worried.
Despite having moved him out of our house for behavioral reasons, we love him the same. Nothing will change that.
I’ve placed a call to Dr. Moodley’s office at the Cleveland Clinic. He is Gavin‘s autonomic specialist and the goto person for this type of thing. We are waiting to hear back and find out what he wants us to do.
We aren’t sure if we should take him all the way to Cleveland or bypass Cleveland and go to Akron Children’s Hospital, as it’s much closer.
At the moment, Gavin is still at school. His teachers are keeping a close eye on him and Gavin insists that he’s okay. We figured there’s nothing we can do at home that they can’t do at school so we would wait to hear back from the doctor before deciding, what if anything we should do.
I’m at a point to where I want him admitted until they figure out what the hell is going on with him.
His body can’t sustain a heart rate of 135+ bpm indefinitely. At some point he will crash and we want to figure this out before that happens.
Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers. I will keep you all posted, as always.
Praying here Rob!