It occurred to me today, as I was patiently waiting for our iPad to update to iOS 7, that there is a huge focus on apps for kids with #Autism. That’s fantastic and you can find a plethora of apps for both iOS and my personal favorite, android. 🙂
Having said that, how many of these apps are designed with adults on the Autism Spectrum in mind?
I won’t pretend to know everything that an adult with Autism would need in an app but I have a few ideas. Essentially, I thought of what my kids would benefit from, as they seek to gain as much independence as possible.
Here are a few of my ideas:
1) User friendly day planner (calendar)
– This would help to maintain appointments and schedules.
2) An app to help manage medications
– My oldest is on a great many medications and an app that would help him to manage these on his own, would be amazing.
3) A user friendly banking app
– This would be useful in helping the person manage their money and maintain a budget
These may not be of benefit to every adult on the Autism Spectrum but they would be to mine. I would love to hear your ideas on what you think would be a great app for your child with Autism as they enter adulthood. I would also love to hear from the adults with Autism and what they think they would benefit.
Perhaps someone will read this and turn one of your ideas into an app. 🙂
This site is managed almost exclusively from my Galaxy S4. Please forgive any typos as autocorrect HATES me. 😉
To reach me via email, please Contact Me
Setup of an account with Bluehost and I get paid. If your looking for a host for your website or blog.
Click the image below and check out Bluehost. It’s what I use.