This is a simple question with a not-so-simple answer. Please keep an open mind and be as honest as you can, while respecting everyone’s thoughts and opinions.
Please keep in mind that Autism impact everyone differently. Some people are not seriously impacted, while others are.
If you could remove or cure your child of Autism, is that something you would do? Why or why not?
Things to keep in mind:
1) Everyone is affected differently
2) If you remove Autism from an individual, how much of who they are would go as well?
3) This is from the perspective of a parent of a child with Autism.
4) Would removing Autism improve your child’s life?
5) What are the moral or ethical concerns associated with doing something like that?
Lastly, wanting to cure your child of Autism DOES NOT make someone a bad or selfish parent. Unless you are living that parents life, you have no idea what both them and their child with autism goes through.
This site is managed almost exclusively from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Please forgive any typos as auto-correct HATES me. 😉
Update: If you like this post, check out these as well. Click —–> Here <—– for my Top Posts.
Visit the My Autism Help Forums
To reach me via email, please Contact Me