I’m really worried about his test results

We have a rather eventful week a head of us. The direction it takes will largely depend on the results of Gavin’s labwork Monday.

Background: If you recall, Gavin’s labs from this past week were so concerning that we’re retesting to make sure they’re correct. So much is so drastically wrong that we need to rule out lab error. Gavin’s not exeriencing any obvious problems and he’s not complaining about anything.

With how bad these labs were, he should be in pretty rough shape. Until we know for sure though, we aren’t taking any chances and have locked down even tighter. End Background

This will go one of two ways.

Gavin’s labs will either come back normal and we move forward or they will come back problematic and require immediate attention. There’s really no in between at this point. The labs that came back last week were really concerning and before we freak out, they need to be confirmed.

I have no idea what we’re going to do if they are confirmed. I’m hoping it was lab error, which happens from time to time.

If the results are indeed confirmed, that could drastically alter the rest of the week. Gavin may require treatment, so Lizze and I have been talking about how to handle that. We’re hoping it doesn’t come down to hospitalization because if that’s the case, we’ll have some difficult decisions to make.

We hopefully have school starting this week and I’m recording again. I took much of the last 2 weeks off cause school was so challenging.

Between Lizze and I, we got all the paperwork filled out and turned in. We just have to wait for them to get processed.

Everything is sorta up in the air until we know what’s going on with Gavin though. I’ll be honest and say that I’m greatly concerned about both taking him for his labs again and finding out the results. If something is seriously wrong, I have no idea what I’m going to do. If the labs are correct, we shouldn’t be taking him anywhere. Unfortunately, the only way to know is to take him back to Akron Children’s Hospital for repeat labs.

Please keep Gavin in your thoughts and prayers.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

2 Comments
most voted
newest oldest
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Curtis G.

Still hoping for a successful outcome for Gavin and that his results are because of a lab error..

BJW

Very hard when our child is possibly very ill. Once Gavin gets his labs done again, you will at least have a clear course of action. I find it very hard to be in that waiting time before knowing enough. Thinking good thoughts for him.

2
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x
%d bloggers like this: