In this episode of The Autism Dad Podcast, Rob Gorski and his 15-year-old autistic son, Emmett, answer random questions submitted by listeners. They discuss topics such as favorite activities, the right time to put up Christmas decorations, challenging situations, and coping strategies for stress. The conversation is light-hearted and provides insight into Emmett’s interests and perspectives.
- Emmett finds baking and walking to be calming activities.
- The right time to put up Christmas decorations is after Thanksgiving, according to Rob.
- Sibling conflicts can be overwhelming for Emmett, but he understands it’s a normal part of having brothers.
- Rob finds cleaning up after his kids to be a challenging and frustrating task.
- When feeling upset or stressed, Emmett finds relaxation, baking, and watching shows helpful.
- “I like baking. It’s calming.” – Emmett Gorski
- “I don’t judge people for how they like their steak cooked.” – Rob Gorski
- “I’m a sucker for Christmas. I love the warm ambiance and decorations.” – Emmett Gorski
Emmett Gorski is a 15-year-old autistic advocate and the son of Rob Gorski, the influential blogger and podcast host behind “The Autism Dad.” Passionate about raising awareness and understanding of autism, Emmett brings a unique, firsthand perspective to the conversation. Articulate and insightful, he has been featured on “The Autism Dad” podcast, where he discusses topics ranging from identity-first language to the daily challenges and triumphs of being autistic. With a keen interest in technology and a natural ability to connect with people, Emmett is not only a voice for autistic teens but also an inspiration for families navigating the complexities of autism.
Hosted by Rob Gorski:
Rob Gorski, a devoted single father to three incredible autistic sons, is the Founder and CEO of The Autism Dad, LLC. As a multi-award-winning blogger, podcaster, content creator, and influential social media figure for over a decade, Rob continues to share his family’s journey, providing insights, resources, and support to the autism community.
- Connect with Rob: https://theautismdad.com
- You can find all past episodes anywhere you get your podcasts.
Here are a few options.
How to listen on your favorite app:
Download your favorite app and search for “ The Autism Dad”. Hit the subscribe button to be notified of all new releases. This prevents you from always having to search.
Alternatively, you can visit the official website at https://listen.theautismdad.com. Everything is there as well.
Goally is a comprehensive app, serving as a digital scheduler, AAC speaker, and token board system. Designed for unique thinkers like autistic and ADHD kids, it helps them master daily routines and therapy without parental reminders, reducing nagging and promoting self-management. Goally can be used on your child’s device or an affordable, dedicated device, which we’ve found more effective in our home.
For more information, you can visit getgoally.com and use the code “theautismdad” to save 10% off your order.
Learn More About Mightier:
Mightier is a biofeedback-based video game platform that teaches kids to self-regulate emotionally. This leads to a significant reduction in meltdowns and parental stress. It’s backed by science and has helped over 100,000 kids learn to regulate their emotions. For more information, the latest reviews/updates as well as current discount codes, visit theautismdad.com/mightier.
Read My Mightier Review and the code “theautismdad22” to save 10% off your order.