Finalizing plans for this school year

I just got off the horn with the boys new school and they begin on August 17. We’re still waiting on something for Emmett but they’re finishing him up now.

For the record, I will not be sending the kids to a brick and mortar school this year, as there is no universe in which that would be safe under the current circumstances. Lizze and I are in full agreement on this.

The boys will be doing distance learning which means that it will be conducted online, with the entire curriculum provided. They receive laptops and do school for about 5.5 hours a day, 5 days a week.

It’s going to be an interesting transition but it is what it is. Their safety and wellbeing have to come first.

What I don’t know is what will happen should the school year be delayed by the state. I would assume that would impact everyone across the board. I foresee the schools either not opening or not staying open very long.

We’re just going to have to be flexible.

I’m a bit nervous about this because while I’m not going to be teaching anything, thank God, I do have to manage everything. We have to make this work and it’s going to be a challenge, especially where Elliott is concerned.

My hope is that we can establish a workable balance here. While this pretty much entirely falls on me because Lizze isn’t physically present, she will help any way she can.

The clock is ticking here. My goal is to be ready to take on this new challenge and do right by my kids.

Rob Gorski

Full time, work from home single Dad to my 3 amazing boys. Oh...and creator fo this blog. :-)
0 0 votes
Article Rating

Join The Conversation

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

1 Comment
most voted
newest oldest
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

I would do the same if I had school-age children.