Their meds have kicked in

It’s a chilly but beautiful day outside. Gavin’s leg is hurting still from his infusion but if he feels better,  I think I’ll try to take them to the park.

Elliott and Emmett have settled down and my sanity should last long enough to hit the playground when Gavin wakes up.

I should add that their ADHD meds have been on board long enough to have kicked in. 😊

8 comments

Skip to comment form

• Guest on October 11, 2015 at 5:22 am

pegster999 They were switched to another med and it’s doing better. 🙂

• Guest on February 19, 2018 at 12:56 am

pegster999 They were switched to another med and it’s doing better. 🙂

• Guest on October 11, 2015 at 1:00 am

I thought you took one of the boys off ADHD meds due to heart issues?

• Guest on October 10, 2015 at 10:40 pm

I’ve written a great deal about medicating my kids and I will only do it if it improved their quality of life..
    I tend to follow their lead when it comes to the ADHD because if they’re doing well on their own, that’s a good thing. The meds are there for when they need the help. .
    We are tea drinkers hear as well…. ☺

• Guest on October 10, 2015 at 10:27 pm

Yep, my daughter and I have ADHD as well as autism. Don’t know how long your sons have been on meds, but please be aware that after two years, research has shown sometimes the meds aren’t working anymore. So down the road, you may want to try a trial period of them off the meds to see how they respond. I notice you are on Instagram. You will read quite a few posts from parents there that caffeine helps calm and focus the kids with autism and ADHD. Just don’t do soda pop! Some parents report good effects on the kids from coffee. My daughter and I hate coffee but we like tea. Tea works for us. If you want to check out my autism posts on Instagram, I am @autismstuff.

• Guest on February 19, 2018 at 12:56 am

I thought you took one of the boys off ADHD meds due to heart issues?

• Guest on February 19, 2018 at 12:56 am