- After 10 weeks of use, the average family sees a 62% reduction in outbursts, a 40% reduction in oppositional behaviors, and a 19% reduction in parent stress.
- Three studies across seven years showed that kids built skills, behavior improved and stress at home declined.
- Mightier had years of both inpatient and outpatient clinical testing as well as in-home pilot programs before commercially launching.
Boston Children’s Hospital
October 24, 2012
Video game with biofeedback teaches children to curb their anger. Read more
- Harvard Magazine
Jan – Feb 2011
Gaming the emotions. Read more
- Clinicaltrials.gov Whitepaper
RAGE Control: Regulate and Gain Emotional Control Learn more
- Partners Healthcare
RAGE-Control: Teaching emotional self-regulation through video game play Learn more
Download the Mightier Scientific Overview PDF
When I was first approached about this, my immediate thought was Emmett. Emmett is a child with Autism, as well as my youngest. Emmett is an absolutely brilliant kid and it’s very easy to forget that he’s also emotionally delayed. He struggles very much with outbursts and meltdowns when he’s frustrated or overwhelmed.
I’ve been using this with Emmett for about a month now and I honestly feel he’s benefiting from it. I have seen him applying things like taking deep breaths to situations in real life, far outside of the games he practices the techniques with.
I was concerned that Emmett would become frustrated with the process and not want to continue but the opposite happened. Emmett felt empowered because he began to recognize that he was in direct control over how his time with the games went.
He very quickly connected with the fact that as he learned to better manage his emotions, the time he spent with the games were more fun.
I was curious as to what Emmett’s ongoing therapist would think of Mightier and she loves it.
Emmett loves Mightier and plays it throughout the week. He likes the games and is gaining a better understanding of how his body reacts to stress, as well as ways he can calm his body down.
Along the way, I spoke with our Parenting Coach Emily, MSW, LICSW. She was very knowledgeable and pleasant to speak with. We talked about Emmett and she answered all my questions about the Mightier program. It’s nice to know that we have someone we can reach out to if we need help.
In our case, we’re very lucky to have a solid, professional support system in our lives. I’m not sure we would need to double up in this area but I would have no hesitation in reaching out to Emily for advice.
This would be of huge benefit to families who don’t currently have this kind of help available to them.
What Does Mighter Cost and Where Can You Find It?
There are costs associated with Mightier and they can be steep for some families. While I absolutely love this program, my singular concern is affordability, especially for families like mine, who financially struggle. Mightier has listened and significantly reduced their prices.
- The Foundation Program starts at $28/month for the entire family. This means you can use this with all your kids. This package comes with a Mighty Band heart rate monitor, a dedicated tablet, Mightier app and library of games (available on both iPhone and Android), on-going 1 on 1 coaching calls with a licensed clinician, an online hub to track your child’s process and access to a private community of Mightier parents.
- If you’re a professional, they have professional plans as well. Click here for more information.
I would think the Foundation Program would be the best fit for most families. Truthfully, $28/month can be a lot of money for many families, mine included. Having said that, there is significant value here. It begins with a full 30 Day Free Trial and includes everything you need to get going. This is ideal for the entire family.