You won’t believe what Emmett did this morning

Emmett was up extra early again this morning but that doesn’t really surprise because he had a pretty stressful evening.  He had a good visit with his Mom but these weekday visitations are really tough on the boys.

Anyway, he got up and dressed, all by himself.  This means shoes, socks and everything.

Not only did he do that but he also decided that he would make both he and Elliott’s lunches as well.  He actually did that.  He actually went and made both lunches and even packed their backpacks…

This was all done before 6am I believe.

I’m not sure how to feel about this because I don’t like the fact that he’s up that early and roaming the house by himself but at the same time, he did some pretty awesome things.

If this happened to you, would you be impressed or would you not like the fact that your child is up and moving around unsupervised at that early hour? Maybe a combination of the two?

12 comments

Skip to comment form

• Kim Gebhardt on March 24, 2016 at 8:38 am

Ignoring the fact that he was up so early, I think it would depend on what he made for lunch. If it was a sandwich, no big deal. If he used the stove to heat up soup for a thermos, big deal and not allowed. I don’t know that I would want him up and roaming the house alone so early though. I would worry that he would go outside or something.

• Braden on March 24, 2016 at 8:45 am

Our rule is the kids aren’t allowed out of their rooms before ‘x’ time. I don’t need them wandering around while I’m asleep. Just something we aren’t comfortable with at this time.

1. I feel the same way

1. Is this better?

He didn’t use any appliances and I don’t think he would go outside but I also don’t want to take that chance….

• Kim Gebhardt on March 24, 2016 at 9:43 am

Yes! So much easier to post, thank you.

1. You’re welcome

• Kim Gebhardt on February 19, 2018 at 11:47 am

• Braden on February 19, 2018 at 1:10 pm

1. I feel the same way

1. Is this better?

• Kim Gebhardt on February 19, 2018 at 6:08 pm

Yes! So much easier to post, thank you.

1. You’re welcome