There’s always stuff that I forget to mention at the end of the day. Lately I’ve been too burned out to really write as much as I’d like to.
That being said, as wanted to touch on a few things that I’m pretty sure I’ve forgotten about and bring those interested, up to speed. Some of these are pretty basic and others are a bit more personal but either way, they all provide additional insights.
- I’ve finally decided to apply for SSI benefits for Elliott and Emmett. This was something that so didn’t want to do for a long time but I’ve realized that these benefits are there for kids like mine and the boys deserve the best I can give them. I had Elliott’s interview last week and I’ll be having Emmett’s this week. I’d been advised to peruse this for awhile but didn’t think the boys would qualify. As it turns out, Emmett should easily qualify, according to those in the know and Elliott should also but is less certain than Emmett.
- I spent my 12th anniversary filling out my divorce papers with my soon to be ex-wife. It wasn’t nearly as painful as I thought it was going to be. It wasn’t fun but it wasn’t the worst day of my life either.
- Elliott’s first love has moved away and left the State. He’s heartbroken and feels like he’s lost everything. 💔
- I discovered a rock hard mass, about the size of a large marble, on Maggie’s front right leg. I need to get her in and have it looked at. Not looking forward to that.. 😔
- Emmett’s been doing really well in physical therapy. In some ways he’s doing amazing and in others, he still needs a great deal of help.
- I met with Dr. Pattie and discussed Gavin’s school situation and considering everything he’s got going on, she’s not apposed to pulling him from school period. It’s not the ideal solution but considering everything, it’s the best of all the terrible options. We can always go back if things improve for him or he can peruse his GED at some point in the future.
- I have to take a parenting class before I can finalize my divorce. It’s a 4 hour class and is given online. 😕
- I rebuilt the Guardian Locate site from scratch, in preparation of our launch in the very near future..
- Speaking of websites. Ad revenue has been slowly increasing. Thank you for visiting our sponsors and please continue to do so when you stop by for a visit.
- Lastly, I’ve built an online publication that aggravates news, blog posts, opinions and videos from across the Autism world, on both sides of major issues and puts it all in one very accessible location. You can find it here. It’s updated daily so visit the news page and subscribe. It’s totally free.