Gavin dealt with an infection this week

I meant to share this before but it just never happened. 

Last Friday, after Gavin’s IVIG infusion, one of the infusion sites became infected.  I’m not sure what happened because I don’t ever remember seeing anything like this before. 

I kept a close eye on it because I didn’t want to let it go to long and have it get really bad.  I figured I would give it a couple days and see what happened.  Rushing into anything would only freak Gavin out and cause him unnecessary anxiety. 

After a few days, it’s actually gotten a great deal better and I’m no longer concerned. 

I’ll keep an eye on it, just to be safe but I’m pretty sure there’s nothing left to worry about. 

He’s had an infusion since then and all seems to be just fine..  I guess one of the needles got contaminated last week but that’s the first time something like that has happened and we’ve been doing this for years… ☺

image

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Post navigation

Related posts:

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
Photo and Image Files
 
 
 
Audio and Video Files
 
 
 
Other File Types
 
 
 
wpDiscuz