Gavin’s significant decline is heartbreaking

The boys are sorta having a rougher day. Nothing outwardly horrible but struggle is in the air, especially when it comes to Gavin. This kid is really, really struggling.

I don’t know what has triggered this period of decline but he’s requiring constant supervision and every last ounce of patience I can squeeze out.

He’s also creating more work for me because he seems incapable of following directions right now and so I’m having to follow along behind him and clean up his messes.

This is really annoying but more so, it’s sad. Heartbreaking is probably a better choice of words because that’s exactly what it feels like. 😦

Read This  Making the best out of what we have

• Guest says:

I’m guessing the decline you are seeing is part of his schizophrenia. The negative symptoms so to speak. They involve decline in daily functioning.

• Guest says:

The regression is so hard to see and deal with. Hoping for the best for my son when he starts at a new school this fall, but realistic that the behaviours might start again… Praying for all of us

• Guest says:

I am so sorry. 🙁 my son has had some regressions in the past few months but he is much younger so it’s almost expected. I can’t imagine your frustration and heartbreak.

• Guest says:

Sometimes parenting them is like being “on belay” like when you’re rock climbing. They know you’ve got the rope, that they won’t fall to their death. But they do hit difficult surfaces on the way up, and that is why they often slip back until they find a better way.

Im so sorry ..sending prayers

Oh my so sorry hope your all doing okay considering

• Guest says:

Been there recently again and still sort of here too Heartbreaking definitely becomes more difficult emotionally etc when they have struggles from another life threatening chronic condition. My heart goes out to the both of you and other siblings

• Guest says:

We’ve been having some behavioral decline with my 5 year old son Cash as well. He’s starting hitting himself, and last night a sudden tantrum resulted in him taking a bite out of my face.

• Guest says:

Everyone has bad days and good days. Make sure you are there for him and bear through it.
    You may need to break things down into single steps, because his attention span my be too short to follow more than one step right now when following directions.

Im so sorry ..sending prayers