I received a call from the pharmacy this afternoon. He was calling to let me know the results of Gavin’s lab work from last Friday. The labs came back and it’s bad news.
Gavin’s WBC is at 3.9, down from 4.8 (8.08.2017) and his Absolute Neutrophil is at 2.2, down from 2.8 (8.08.2017).
I’m so worried about him that I’m getting sick to my stomach.
I’ve spoken with immunology to make sure they are aware but we are being referred to hematology and oncology. There’s a particular doctor we are being referred to at Akron Children’s Hospital who’s supposed to be one of the best when it comes to blood disorders.
I’m currently waiting for an appointment and the appointment is waiting for a referral. All that is being worked in right now.
I also spoke with Gavin’s psychiatrist and we have an emergency appointment tomorrow morning. We’re going to discuss our options in regards to the Clozapine, the most likely cause of all these issues.
Right now I’m sick to my stomach and I don’t know what to do.
The numbers that came in from last Friday’s lab work are outside of the immediate danger zone, and that’s good. The problem is we don’t know if they’re still dropping or if they’re on the rise.
Gavin’s been getting sick over the last seven days or so and it could be related. On the other hand, it could also be a coincidence.
I’m at a complete and total loss at this point. How am I supposed to protect Gavin when it’s his own body that’s hurting him? That’s a good fucking question and one in which I desperately need the answer to.