This whole getting ready for the potential journey to Florida, for Gavin’s Wish trip, is unexpectedly stressful. Things are more complicated because we’re driving and that complication comes in the form of the rental car. I say potential journey because if we don’t figure out the rental car, the trip is canceled.
Flying isn’t an option, at least not a good one. I can’t even imagine taking three prone to meltdowns, kids with Autism, who are terrified of heights, on a plane. When I say terrified of heights, I mean won’t even go on the top bunk bed kind of terrified.
I can’t imagine a scenario where that would end well, for anyone.
Even if that weren’t a concern, Gavin’s health is such that I have no idea how he would handle the change in pressure. Either way, it’s a terrible idea.
This brings us to either figuring something out with the rental car or having to cancel the trip. We’re on a time table right now, as they need to finalize the rooms and rental car.
Everything is paid for by the organization, but the rental car place won’t let us leave with a car, if we don’t have a credit card in my name. The fallback is a debit card and a credit check.
I don’t have a credit card, but do have a debit card and could cover the deposit required. Unfortunately, I won’t pass the credit check.
We (Lizze and I) thought about using my Dad’s card (with his permission of course) because we have the same name, but after kicking that around, we decided against that because of the whole fraud thing, and not wanting to commit it.
At this point, I’m not sure what’s going to happen but we’re actively working on this right now and I’m waiting on a phone call.
I don’t know what to really feel at the moment. I’m trying to remain hopeful but I don’t honestly know what’s going to happen.
All I can do is hurry up and wait. I hate doing that.