So Gavin’s medication arrived. We went through the newly received supplies and figured out how to draw up the new solution. Previously, we were using 3, 10cc vials for a total of 30cc’s of solution.
With the new medication, there are 2 vials total. The first vial contains 10cc’s and the second contains 5cc’s. That makes for a total of 15cc’s and exactly half of the solution he had previously been infusing.
The total amount of actual medication remains consist at 3 grams.
With that out of the way, the bad news is that Gavin likely won’t be able to do these on his own, at least for now.
I realize he’s a bit out of practice but he made mistakes, the biggest of which wasted about 5cc’s of the medication. He wasn’t even aware he had done it, so it isn’t even really a teaching moment.