First of all, I’ll get to all the new comments but we’re in a hurry this morning so it will have to wait. I just wanted to lay down a quick update because it seems like very positive news.
I spoke with the eye doctors office in regards to Emmett’s appointment today. I explained all that was going on and what we were concerned about. They said not to worry about it. We can bring Emmett in because he’s asymptomatic, other than a runny nose and he’s not running a fever.
That’s really good news. ☺
Within about 2 minutes of ending that call, I heard from Gavin’s immunologist who said that as long as Gavin’s on his IVIG Infusions, he should be in good shape.
That’s even better news. ☺
Emmett will be greatly relieved and while this whole thing didn’t even register on Gavin’s radar, we’re relieved that we don’t have to stress out too much over this.
It’s important to note that all of this assumes that Emmett doesn’t display any symptoms or start running a fever.
Actually, as I’m writing this, his pediatrician called and I explained what’s going on. They’re going to figure out what we should do, if anything and get back to us. They have protocol if he’s actually diagnosed but they aren’t sure about when someone is directly exposed.
They think it’s just going to be closely monitoring him at home and notifying them the moment we notice any changes, if we ever do.
Anyway, thank you all so much for the feedback. I’ve not dealt with anything like this before. I’m already so overwhelmed by life and it’s easy to overreact. I appreciate all the advice and personal experience you’ve shared. ☺