This is intended to be a very quick update to something I shared late last week. Just to get everyone on the same page quickly, I’ll remind you what was going on.
It’s been the better part of a decade since we’ve had a fully working stove. The oven, along with two of the four burners hadn’t worked in about ten years. With everything else we had going and with money being tight, it was just something we never were able replace.
We have been using a toaster over, air fryer, microwave, crock pot and more recently a pressure cooker to work around our problem. It wasn’t perfect but it worked.
Anyway, for Christmas this year, my parents surprised us with a brand new gas range. We were able to pick it out and it was delivered this past Friday.
I installed it myself. It’s not very hard to install a gas range. I essentially just unhooked the old and attached the new. Unfortunately, there was a bit of a snafu because we began smelling natural gas and I didn’t want to mess around with that for obvious reasons.
I placed a call to Dominion East Ohio Gas and they had someone at our house in about twenty minutes to make sure things were safe.
Turns out that one of the connections was physically bad. They were able to locate the leak and even replaced the broken part. That was amazingly kind of them and we’re very grateful for that.
The new range is now working great and it’s such a relief to be able to say that. I’m really looking forward to putting this to good use in the upcoming new year.
Thanks again Mom and Dad… ☺ 💙