Now that the actual logistics of our trip have been worked out, for the most part anyway, all we have left are the things on our end.
There are quite a few things that I need to pull together before we can leave and unfortunately, I can’t make those happen until the morning we are supposed to be leaving.
- Having never been on vacation, we don’t own any luggage
- Everyone needs a few new sets of clothes
- Emmett needs shoes cause crocs won’t work with all the walking were going to do
- Maggie needs a new collar
- Snacks for the drive down
- Sunscreen, hats and sun glasses for everyone
- Still waiting on GPS trackers to arrive for the boys (safety is very important)
- Haircuts for the boys
- State ID’s for the boys
I know there’s more that I’m forgetting but it’s all written down somewhere.
I’m still dealing with issues from the zero mistake and while it won’t be fixed in time for the trip, I do get paid on the 29th and that will put me well into the black. I can worry about the rest of the problem when we get home. Right now it’s just very financially limiting.
I figured we will make a very detailed list of everything we need to get and do so before we leave that day.
It’s only a seven hour trip to Charlotte and leaving to early will leave us with too much time to kill before we can check-in. In many ways, it’s working out quite well that we have to wait until the last minute to make these purchases.
It would be nice to be completely ready before the 29th, but this will work out fine as well. It’s all about making the best of our situation and playing the cards we’ve been dealt.
At the end of the day, it’s all going to work out and therefore I can’t really complain. ☺