I’ve made some pretty significant progress in regards to figuring out all the Gavin related things I set out to find the answer to this afternoon. There are still a few things I’m waiting on return calls for.
I’ll start with what I learned today.
I was able to speak with the Cleveland Clinic about Gavin’s EEG from last week. The reason we hadn’t heard back is because his doctor is out of town until later in the month.
They were able to have another neurologist look at the results and I’m pleased to say that Gavin didn’t have any seizures during the 23 minute test. I’m not sure how much better I feel because it was only 23 minutes but at least it went well. While he didn’t have a seizure, they did notice that there were periods of slow downs. They said that it’s not uncommon for people with mental illness to experience these slow downs.
While I was on the phone, I tried to reschedule his NeuroPsych testing because insurance has finally approved it. Unfortunately, we’ve hit another little snag and that’s because Gavin’s about to turn 18 years old. That means he’s supposed to move to the adult clinic. I explained that I don’t think that would be appropriate because while he’s almost 18 on the outside, he’s about 8 years old on the inside. Adult testing might not be right for him.
They’re going to figure out how to handle Gavin’s particular case and call me back this week.
While I’m on the topic of things lacking a resolution, I called the pharmacy again about Gavin’s IVIG infusion pump but still haven’t heard back from them. Thankfully, the current pump work okay for his infusion this afternoon. I’d be way more upset if it hadn’t worked..
Lastly, Gavin’s appointment with his psychiatrist went well. Nothing worth noting for this post other than they’re going to try and get Gavin’s Clozapine supply back up to 30 days at a time. His labs have been good lately and we don’t need the weekly bloodwork at this point. Hopefully that will work out because I hate putting Gavin through any unnecessary pain.
I think that’s about it. I have another update about Gavin that I’ll explain in a separate post. All in all, I think things went pretty good today. We received good news and just have to wait and see what the rest of of the news will be when it eventually arrives.