It’s been 48 hours since my surgery

I woke up at 9:15 AM with my mouth packed full of gauze. Lizze was sitting across from me again and I was a bit groggy but very comfortable. We got my discharge instructions and a couple scripts before we headed out.

The scripts got filled on the way home. I was back home and chilling on the couch by roughly 10:00 AM. I never went back to sleep until I went to bed that night.

My whole face was still numb and remained that way for a few hours. There was absolutely no pain at all. I took my pain meds as instructed but they are very mild and I don’t think I even need them. As I’m writing this, I’m approaching 48 hours post op and it’s like nothing happened. I’m not playing around with the wounds and I’m being very careful when I open my mouth. I won’t open my mouth very wide because that’s uncomfortable.

The top two holes in my jaw don’t hurt at all. The bottom right, was partially impacted and the only part that I feel is where my gum/cheek had to be cut in order to dig the impacted tooth out. At most, it feels like a bit my cheek and that’s it. There isn’t even any swelling. ☺

I can’t brush my teeth until Monday, maybe Tuesday and that’s when I can rinse with salt water. I won’t eat any real food until later this week but I’m pain-free. I’m very, very lucky.

I feel run down a bit and I’m taking it easy because I know I need time to recover. I’m very lucky that I’m not in any pain but I also know that I still have a lot of healing to do and I need to be careful.

Its been yogurt, ice cream, pudding and bone broth for me thus far. Maybe Wednesday I’ll try moving to some more softer foods like eggs and oatmeal. Again, I’m being very careful not to screw anything up. The last thing in world I want to do is get a dry socket. I understand that’s not a fun experience and I’d like to avoid it.

Anyway, I’m feel so much better about everything right now.

This was literally a painless experience for me and I truly believe that is only because of how amazing Dr. Dietrich is. I’ve heard so many horror stories about wisdom teeth extractions on YouTube or from people in my life trying to have some fun at my expense.

I’ll be honest, I was in more pain after I had a filling replaced in December.

I’m amazed and I’m grateful. I’m only 2 days in to recovery but so far so good. I need about a week before I can go back to my normal crazy life and being down is driving me a bit nuts but it could be so much worse.

Lizze and the boys have been awesome and I really appreciate all their help. Lizze has really stepped up and I know that’s not easy for her physically. She’s paying a heavy price for all she’s doing right now but she’s not complaining about anything. I need to heal up so I can take over and she can rest. ☺

I also wanted to say thank you to everyone for a the well wishes. I truly appreciate your kindness and compassion.

Rob Gorski

Full time, work from home single Dad to my 3 amazing boys. Oh...and creator fo this blog. :-)
0 0 votes
Article Rating

Join The Conversation

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

most voted
newest oldest
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Profectum Foundation

Feel better soon, Rob!

Marta Brain

Glad to hear from you! You’ve been missed!!!


This is great news.

Donna L. Adams

I want to go to your Dentist!!! I’m SO happy for you Rob!!!


Wish you a speedy recovery