This is a weird way to start the school year

The boys started back to school yesterday, and I thought that was weird because that makes it a row day week. I’m not sure why they would do that, as it really doesn’t make much sense.

Today however, the boys came home with a note saying that Monday is optional because of the eclipse.

So just to recap, they start the school year off with a two day week, a three day weekend, and a four day week. Figuring in the upcoming holiday, I’m not sure, but I think their first full week of school isn’t until September.

The reason this seems so weird is because they don’t normally start back until after Labor Day. This year however, they started back in the middle of August.

This is going to be a bit stressful for the kids because the consistency is all over the place. It’s gonna be like time change and I hate time change.. lol

12 comments

Skip to comment form

• Facebook Profile photo
    • Becky Wiren on August 18, 2017 at 6:19 pm

I hear you about the lack off consistency. When my sons started school, they would have about 4 weeks of school before they went 5 days.

1. Thanks. So it’s not just me..

• Facebook Profile photo
        • Becky Wiren on August 19, 2017 at 6:03 am

Well, mine are grown now. But every year they would have short weeks the first three weeks. They wouldn’t go a full week until almost mid-September!

1. That makes it much harder for everyone.

2. Thanks. So it’s not just me..

• Facebook Profile photo
        • Becky Wiren on August 19, 2017 at 6:03 am

• Facebook Profile photo
    • Becky Wiren on February 19, 2018 at 12:52 am

1. Thanks. So it’s not just me..

• Facebook Profile photo
        • Becky Wiren on February 19, 2018 at 12:16 pm

1. That makes it much harder for everyone.

2. Thanks. So it’s not just me..

• Facebook Profile photo