If we pull Gavin off, he will physically be safer because he won’t be exposed to people sitting in a crowed waiting room. There’s way too much unknown there and way to many risk factors. The downside and it may be a big downside, is that he will be an unmedicated Schizophrenic, who we’re on lockdown with for at least the next couple of months.
Gavin is a sweet, gentle person and his hallucinations are not usually dark or dangerous. That said, off his medication he has historically become untethered from reality very quickly and can’t tell the difference between what’s real and what isn’t.
I have serious concerns about introducing the above, to an already massively stressed out and anxious household.
Unfortunately, at this point, I don’t see any other option.
There’s no question that I have my hands full right now. I’m so grateful to be able to work from home because that takes a huge load off. At the same time, it’s difficult to work with the kids home all the time.
I need to focus on getting some more work done and getting more episodes recorded.
Before I can make any headway there, I need to get everyone on a new routine. Everything is pretty much chaos at the moment and I need to smooth that out with a new routine. There will absolutely be resistance to that but it needs to happen in order to move forward.
I’m seriously exhausted, depressed, overwhelmed and worried. Hopefully I’ll be able to sleep tonight and see things a little more clearly in the morning.