We got some bad news about my wife’s headache infusions

Lizze’s infusion has been going well for her today. She’s slept through a large part of it and I’ve just been sitting in the lobby waiting. They’ve decided to once again try the medication that caused problems yesterday. This time it’s going to be more diluted and will probably take about two hours to infuse. If it causes pain, they will immediately pull the plug but Lizze is all for it because it stands a good chance of helping her.

Unfortunately, when we arrived at the Cleveland Clinic this afternoon, we learned that her insurance has decided to pull funding for the forth day and that effectively forces the cancelation of the last infusion. We’re not happy about that because that last day could make a big difference and there’s no explanation for this move.

The staff is pushing back and trying to get this fixed but as of right now, it looks like she’s losing her last infusion. That was a kick in the gut to Lizze but she’s trying to remain positive. I’m pretty fired up about this and as soon as Lizze is available to give insurance verbal permission to speak with me, I’m going to get to the bottom of this. Even with prior consent, they take HIPPA very seriously and require her to give them verbal consent. I get it but it slows down the process right now cause I have to wait before I can call them.

I’m frustrated..

Anyway, hopefully, this last medication will not create problems again and she will benefit from it. I desperately want her to feel better and I’m on pins and needles until I hear back from her.

Rob Gorski

Full time, work from home single Dad to my 3 amazing boys. Oh...and creator fo this blog. :-)
0 0 votes
Article Rating

Join The Conversation

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

most voted
newest oldest
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

‘..got bad news about my wife…’ totally relate to this statement brother. In my prayers tonight.

Cindy Jones

How the hell can they approve something and then last minute pull it?? How unfair and unreasonable is that.