As for the steroids, the likelihood of this working is pretty remote and the side effects can be unpleasant. It’s not the best idea and therefore, not really a reasonable option.
After weighing the options and discussing it with her doctor, the headache infusion is the best option. It’s very likely to at least reduce her pain and it could even break the migraine altogether. She’s had this migraine every minute of every day for at least the last six or seven years. We have to go with whatever is most likely to help and that’s the headache infusion.
Lizze was originally scheduled for today, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of next week. We would have to be there very early and the infusion would take about six hours each day. That’s a total of at least twenty-four hours of infusion time.
We are not in a good place financially and frankly, we’re getting buried alive at the moment. It’s temporary and should improve but for right now, things are bad.
The original infusion schedule was tossed because insurance hadn’t approved the proceedure yet and at the time of writing, we still haven’t heard back.
The reality is that it will most likely be covered and we’ll probably hear back early next week. That’s a good thing.
Unfortunately, the logistics are going to be difficult, if not impossible. Putting aside everything the kids need, like rides to and from school for those four days, there are other issues as well…
Our car is literally falling apart and I have serious concerns as to whether or not it would even make it through four trips back and forth. I say four round trips because that assumes I sit in the waiting room the whole time. If I have to mange things with the kids, I may have to make two trips a day. As it is, we avoid making longer trips in the car because it’s long since past its expiration point.
Assuming the car would safely make the trips, there’s fuel costs, parking, probably food and there’s bound to be unforeseeable expenses. Parking alone will be at least $50. I priced it while we were there yesterday. These are serious financial obstacles for us.
We’re already in a bad place due to the time of year and business being slow. I wasn’t planning on having to make four round trips to the Cleveland Clinic, possibly more, but that doesn’t matter because she desperately needs this and I simply need to make it happen.